1-TDC... a New Generation of Fatty Acids going Beyond Glucosamine and Fish Oil
If you own a breed of dog that is prone to joint health issues or you compete regularly with your dog in K9 Sports, it is likely that you have looked into using a joint health supplement such as glucosamine or fish oil.
What you may not have known is that there is a new generation of fatty acids called 1TDC™ that not only supports joint health but also promotes healthy gums, keeps skin and coat healthy, AND improves performance and recovery… Read on to learn more about these fatty acids as well as how to choose the right supplement for your pet.
What Is Fish Oil?
Fish oil is oil obtained from the tissues of fatty fish such as tuna, salmon, and herring. It’s most often found in capsule form at health food stores.
Humans have been using fish oil as a dietary supplement for years. More recently, it’s been discovered that it can be beneficial for dogs, too. Providing dogs with fish oil is a good way to boost their intake of omega-3 fatty acids.
Most commercial pet foods contain omega-6 fatty acids but not enough (or not any) omega-3s. These fatty acids act as anti-inflammatories for your pet and can improve their heart, kidney, skin, and joint health.
Is Fish Oil Safe for My Pet?
Some human studies suggest that fish oil can affect blood clot formation, so in the case of an injury or a planned or unplanned surgery, this can be dangerous.
For these reasons, it is important to talk to your veterinarian before giving your pet fish oil supplements.
What Is Glucosamine?
Glucosamine is a naturally occurring chemical in the body that helps support cartilage health. It’s also available in capsule form, with the majority of glucosamine sulfate supplements being produced using shellfish.
It’s also another supplement that can help with pet joint health. Chondroitin is a substance found in your pet’s cartilage, and glucosamine affects the chondroitin to improve joint flexibility and reduce inflammation.
It has been used in humans for years and has been introduced to dogs and cats to provide some of the same benefits.
Is Glucosamine Safe for My Pet?
Like fish oil, glucosamine carries some risks. Uncommonly, these supplements can cause allergies, insomnia, and excessive thirst and urination.
Usually, these side effects occur in humans when the dosage is too high. Again, talk to your veterinarian before giving your pet any type of supplement.
What Is 1TDC™?
1TDC™ is a new generation of fatty acids that go beyond what fish oil and glucosamine can do. The active ingredient is a proprietary blend of 1-TetraDecanol complex fatty acids. These fatty acids are sourced from bovine products. It works systemically, so it improves functions of the body, including stamina and endurance, from the inside out. 1TDC™ has many of the same benefits as fish oil and glucosamine, but there’s more to it. Here are some of the additional advantages of this supplement:
- Oral health benefits. 1TDC™ keeps gums healthier at the cellular level. Whether or not your pet has had tooth or gum issues in the past, giving them this supplement orally or rubbing it on their gums can help fight gum disease and keep oral tissues healthy.
- 4-in-1 wellness solution. You’ll be giving your pet 4 major benefits when you use 1TDC™. These include healthy gums, healthy joints, healthy skin and coat, and more stamina. Your pet will feel better all over. This is important whether you compete in sports such as agility or you just want your cat or dog to feel great and be as happy as they can be.
- Highly palatable. Many pets will eat the gel capsules as a treat. Others enjoy it added to their dry or wet food. Since it is made of beef tallow, cats and dogs are drawn to its scent and flavor. You won’t need to wrestle with your pet or make daily supplementation unpleasant when you choose 1TDC™.
If you are currently giving your pet fish oil and/or glucosamine, you can safely add 1TDC™ to their regimen. Then, your pet can reap the benefits of the omega-3 fatty acids and the chondroitin in addition to the beef-derived fatty acids from 1TDC™. This supplement is safe for both cats and dogs. It is important that you talk to your veterinarian about any supplements you are considering, however, and 1TDC™ is no exception. Your vet will know what is appropriate for your pet and can take into consideration their current health, any conditions they have, any medications or supplements they are already on, and so on.
Choosing the Right Pet Health Supplement
When you are choosing a pet health supplement, it can be difficult to determine whether a product is safe or unsafe and effective or ineffective. Your best source of information is going to be the supplement label.
- Look for a supplement with high-quality ingredients. When there is a long list of ingredients that you don’t recognize, you will need to do some research into what they are. In addition, your veterinarian will be able to advise you which supplements are safe and effective for your pet.
- Beyond safety, you’ll want to look at cost-effectiveness. It is no secret that many supplements are high priced and carry minimal benefits. 1TDC™ provides 4 major health benefits, which makes it an excellent value. It is important to keep in mind that with any supplement, including 1TDC™, the benefits are greatest when you continue using it consistently. Be sure to choose one that you can afford to provide to your pet on a consistent basis. Bulk pricing is a great way to stock up and save money!
Remember to talk to your veterinarian about the benefits and risks of any supplement you are considering for your pet.
[ dib embed error: product id not found ]